Re: [Devel] stable branch still necessary?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] stable branch still necessary?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:19:35 +0200

Hello Werner,

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
David,

what about the stable branch?  Shall we maintain the 2.0.x series
further?

I think we need to make a new release _very_ soon right now. One
that includes the new Type 42 and BDF drivers as well as the required
fixes for 2.1.0

After that, I have tons of things to commit to the CVS tree, but these
will break thingsa lot, since that's the price to pay to be able to use
structured exceptions within the engine.

I think that using the STABLE branch to keep the 2.1.1 sources would
be a very good thing then...

For the moment, I'm preparing the VER-2-1-1-RC1 for tonight..

Best Regards, and thanks for all you've done this week :-)

- David Turner
- The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org)