Re: [Devel] Debugging API for truetype?

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Devel] Debugging API for truetype?
Date: 14 May 2002 09:35:02 -0400

>>>>> "George" == George Williams <address@hidden> writes:

George> I have been thinking for a while about writing a truetype
George> debugger so that I could single step a truetype glyph's
George> instructions and watch its points move....  I would like to
George> use freetype to execute instructions, which (I think) means
George> expanding the API.  I fear that this expansion is unlikely to
George> be useful to anyone but me (possibly you too) ....

Commenting just on the general concept, it should be useful to anyone
who wants to hand-instruct -- or just touchup -- a given font.  Or
anyone who wants to better understand how the instructions work.

Optimally, support should exist not just for instructions in the glyf
table, but also in any other tables which have them, such as prep.

-JimC