[Devel] RE: [Freetype] Bug with spaces in latest CVS release

From: Manuel Bleichenbacher
Subject: [Devel] RE: [Freetype] Bug with spaces in latest CVS release
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:14:48 +0100

I've found the bug myself. It's a temporary hack in the file
truetype/ttgload.c starting at line 725:

Rather than:

    /* temporary hack */
#if 1
    if ( count < 10 )
    {
      /* This glyph is corrupted -- it does not have a complete header */
      error = TT_Err_Invalid_Outline;
      goto Fail;
    }
#endif

it sould be:

    /* temporary hack */
#if 1
    if ( count < 10 && count != 0 )
    {
      /* This glyph is corrupted -- it does not have a complete header */
      error = TT_Err_Invalid_Outline;
      goto Fail;
    }
#endif

It's rather obvious when you look at the code on the lines following the
"temporary hack":

    if ( count == 0 )
    {
      /* as described by Frederic Loyer, these are spaces, and */
      /* not the unknown glyph.                                */
      loader->bbox.xMin = 0;
      loader->bbox.xMax = 0;

-- Manuel