Re: [Devel] [ freetype-Support Requests-488272 ] Cannot Install GD with

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] [ freetype-Support Requests-488272 ] Cannot Install GD with FreeType
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 15:22:09 +0100 (CET)

> Initial Comment:
> I've tried and tried and tried, and I just CAN'T get
> GD to compile with FreeType! I've gone over the
> documentation with a fine-tooth comb and there's NO
> REASON why GD shouldn't compile. When I use
> the "instructed" make setup, make, make, make modules,
> make install, and try to compile, I get an "Unable to
> find freetype.h" error.

I've no idea about GD, but is FreeType 1 or FreeType 2 needed?  You
have both -DHAVE_LIBFREETYPE and -DHAVE_LIBTTF (the former seems to be
for FT2, and the latter for FT1) -- this could indicate that both
versions are installed and used, causing a clash.

May I ask that a good guy is forwarding this answer to the
sourceforge address:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203157&aid=488272&group_id=3157

I'm not online currently -- I really dislike such an interface which
doesn't allow a direct response by email.