Re: [Devel] Re: What's the translation status for Freetype?

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: What's the translation status for Freetype?
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:03:51 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Perhaps the right approach would be to provide a function returning
> > messages in the english language plus catalogues of translated
> > messages (*.po/*.mo) and let applications that want localized messages
> > to use gettext themselves.
>
> Please explain in more detail.  I don't fully understand.

The dependance between FT2 and gettext would be avoided--ergo those who do
not need translated messages would not have to link extra code (or build a
special non-i18n version of FT2), yet those who want translated messages
would get them for a rather small cost.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."