RE: [Devel] Outlines and beizer curves.

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: RE: [Devel] Outlines and beizer curves.
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:10:08 +0200

> Hello All !
>
> I reached into getting the curves, I just have some questions
> about the
> Conic Curves. If I look to my rendered outlines, it's
> somewhat irregular
> with the ConicTo Curves. So I guess, they aren't calculated
> the right way. I
> do not have a library that supports Conic Curves.  I was just
> wondering if I
> transform each Conic Curves to two cubics curves, this should make it.
> Somethink like, adding a Curve Point at the Conic Control
> point and creating
> two controls points at the middle related to the original
> starting and end
> point ?

Why you don't transform one conic to one bezier:
Conic P0 P1 P2
Bezier B0 B1 B2 B3
B0=P0
B1=(P0+2*P1)/3
B2=(P2+2*P1)/3
B3=P2

> Another question ? Just for my curious nature. Why is the
> origin set at the
> bottom left in the FreeType world ?

Fonts have this origin also inside their formats.

> If you like such stupid questions, I have another one, is
> there any reason
> Windows reverse the lines of image buffers ?

Windows BMP and DIBs are bottom-up by default ...
But it can be reversed by specifying negative height in many WinAPI
functions.

Boris Letocha