Re: [Devel] Lost include path

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Lost include path
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 00:57:15 +0200

Hello Mike,

Mike Owens a écrit :

> I just upgraded to 2.0.4 and when I build on cygwin it doesn't find the
> FT_CALLBACK_DEF defines. I've found the definition in ftconfig.h but haven't
> yet  found why the compiler can't see it. I've changed the name to static
> which is the way it is defined in ftconfig.h and my system builds ok. My
> project includes for the failing file is
> #include <ftcache.h>
> #include <cache/ftcimage.h>
> #include <cache/ftcsbits.h>
> which is what I used from an example I think. It's worked ok until now. I've
> even tried including ftconfig.h in my project file and it still doesn't see
> it. Is there a standard include file I am missing?

That's because the header inclusion scheme has changed since the
2.0.1 release, I believe, you should now use something like:

#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_CACHE_H
#include FT_CACHE_IMAGE_H
#include FT_CACHE_SMALL_BITMAPS_H

Have a look at the FT2 tutorial, it has been updated
and the API reference contains a list of all macros
used in #include statements.

What's strange is that the old scheme should still work
normally. I suppose that's because <ftcache.h> fails to
include <ft2build.h>.. I don't know if we really want to
fix this though..

SPECIAL NOTE: DON'T FORGET TO DISABLE PRE-COMPILED HEADERS
TO USE "#include FILE_H" with Visual C++ !!

Hope this helps,

- David