Re: [Devel] Questions about Jam

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Questions about Jam
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:14:42 +0200

Hi Stefan,

> PS: I'm still puzzled why you chose to sacrifice the easy freetype2/freetype.h
>     solution for just because you want to be consistent with an exotic
>     environment such as DOS.

Because I'm an anal perfectionist, what else ;-)

More seriously, I wanted a solution that wouldn't break source compatibility,
at least for this release. Using macros was the only way to do that.. of
course it's ugly, but let's blame C for this feeble design issue named
"header inclusion" :-)

Now, if 2.1 breaks an app, developers won't be able to say that they've
not been warned :-)

And I _really_ hate those "freety~1" on Windows 95/98 !! But we know
who to blame ;-)

Regards,

- David