[Devel] error with configuring...

From: Wanda Belvin
Subject: [Devel] error with configuring...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:17:58 -0700

Dev team,

I wasn't sure who to send this error to and I kept running across this mail
address so here it is:

I am trying to configure freetype so I can load the libraries I need to
install Ciao.  I am on HP-UX 11.0 32-bit and I want the freetype to load in
"/opt/freetype".  I have tried versions 1.3.1 and 2.1 and I keep getting the
following message no matter what I do.  The message is as follows:

checking host system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking target system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking build system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

We have "gcc" on the machine and the path to the gcc bin directory is
accessible.   I have no idea how to correct this problem.  Is there someone
there that can shed some insight on this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Wanda Belvin
Research and Development
Blackboard Inc.
CampusWide Transactions Solutions Division
address@hidden