[Devel] Re: Bitmap font file reading progress

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: [Devel] Re: Bitmap font file reading progress
Date: 21 Nov 2000 00:27:19 +0100

Dear Mark,

I started working yesterday on PCF support in FreeType: I am adapting
the original X code to the FreeType framework.  Besides, the data
structures I am writing down will assure better support in the case of
sparse encodings.

As to BDF support, I am really impressed by your work.  I am planning
to reuse your parser: before asking you to work on it I will look
deeper into your code, to find out whether it could be used to read
other formats.  FON/FNT support, for example, is already in FreeType.

Thanks a lot for everything.

-francesco