Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:45:14 +0100

At 10:38 AM +0200 25-08-2000, Pavel Kankovsky wrote:
>I guess the problem was caused by missing LOCAL_FUNC's (it looks a bit
>wierd when used on data, doesn't it?) before definitions (as opposed
>to declarations in psobjs.h) of those constants. AFAIK, it should be fixed
>now (make sure you use the recent version where psmodule.c is replaced
>with psauxmod.c).

Hm, I still get the same error (just did a CVS update). The problem is, my
compiler doesn't like staticforward declarions of structs. It's complaining
about structs that are declared LOCAL_FUNC, which expands to "static". This
sequence is uncompilable:

  static
  const PS_Table_Funcs  ps_table_funcs;

  static
  const PS_Table_Funcs  ps_table_funcs =
  {
  }

Of course, I could just compile the source files individually, and not use
psaux.c (so these things won't be declared static), but it would be nicer
if psaux.c "just worked", like all the other modules.

Thanks for looking in to this, though!

Just