Re: Multiple Masters support now working

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Multiple Masters support now working
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 11:22:53 +0000 (GMT)

>   A new demonstration, named "ftmulti" was added to demonstrate the
>   support. It allows you to change the design positions on the first
>   third axis through F3-F7 keys..

But the help screen erroneously repeats F3, F4, F3, F4, ...

>   I'd appreciate any comment and suggestions. I have only tested the
>   code against the multiple master fonts that come with Acrobat
>   Reader 4.0 (i.e. Zx______.pfb & Zy______.pfb), and would
>   appreciate any results with other mm fonts.

I've tested with the fonts AdobeSansMM and AdobeSerifMM (coming with
the Linux version of Acrobat 4.0).

  . The name `AdobeSerifMM' isn't accepted by ftmulti.  I had to
    append `.pfb' to make it work.  This has to be fixed IMHO.

    The results are very nice!

  . AdobeSansMM (resp. AdobeSansMM.pfb) isn't loaded at all (`this is
    not a MM font or could...').