freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Possible freetalk plugins

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Possible freetalk plugins
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 06:12:58 -0700

,----[ On Sat, Sep 02, 2006, Matthias Quasthoff wrote: ]
| OK, I think I got the FreeTalk galago feed nearly ready. The only
| problem left is, I wouldn't let that really tiny
| libfreetalk-galago-feed.so go into lib/ or something, but rather
| into share/freetalk/plugins/. Then, galago-feed.scm (containing the
| load-extension command) would have to know the datadir or at least
| the prefix, wouldn't it? I mean it would have to do something like
|
| (load-extension
|     (string-append prefix
| "share/freetalk/plugins/libfreetalk-galago-feed.so")
|     "init_ft_galago_feed")
|
| but I don't know where to get "prefix" or something similar from.
`----

I used to have a primitive for getting the prefix in freehoo project.

I recommend a new primitive for this purpose.
Like ft-load, you can introduce ft-load-so which will load .so file
under ~/.freetalk/lib/ or $prefix/lib/freetalk/

After galago patch, we will vote you for core team invitation.

We will also need your help in libjingle branch. Currently it doesn't
even have ft- scheme primitives. Can you take the responsibility of
porting all scheme extensions?

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31