freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] Freetalk + Proxy

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] Freetalk + Proxy
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 03:53:12 +0530

Ref: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetalk-dev/2006-01/threads.html

The point is it does not work when the proxy/firewall is blocking port
5222, etc.. I am curious since Freetalk does not work in such a
scenario, although Google's GTalk client does.

I checked with version 0.69. I would like to help you (if at all you
need it) in this issue, since I spend most of my Internet hours behind
a very restrictive proxy, and all the FOSS clients (GAIM, Freetalk,
Kopete) I know of are simply unable to handle the situation although
the Windoze ones (Yahoo! Messenger, GTalk) work blissfully alright.

Moreover during the 'make' stage it seems there is a conflict with the
values of the $http_proxy, $ftp_proxy and so on...

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetalk-dev/2006-08/msg00010.html

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                    -Jean Kerr