freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Freetalk does not allow setting status messages

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Freetalk does not allow setting status messages
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 04:30:27 -0700

,----[ On Thu, Aug 10, 2006, Matthias Quasthoff wrote: ]
| Hi all,
|
| it seems the /status command does not work correctly. It creates a
| message like
|
| <presence from="address@hidden">
|   <show>Gone to England</show>
| </presence>
|
| which is not valid. Show has to be "away", "chat", "xa" or "dnd" and
| must be omitted if the desired status is online. The user text has
| to go to the status child. An example from
| http://www.jabber.org/ietf/attic/draft-jabber-00.html is
|
| <presence from="address@hidden">
|   <show>xa</show>
|   <status>Gone to England</status>
| </presence>
|
| My patch attached to this mail changes do_set_status_msg: It checks
| if the status message begins with "online", "away", "chat", "xa or
| "dnd".  This part goes to the show element ("online" is ignored). If
| there is a remainder, it goes to the status element. Now /status
| could be called like
|
| /status xa Gone to England
| /status online
`----
Patch applied. Thanks Matthias. Nice to see yet another contributor
for Freetalk. We also appreciate your responses to Freetalk mailing
list queries. With some more contribution, we would like to see you as
a part of core team soon.

Vikas, make sure your libjingle doesn't affect the scheme primitives
much. Also keep your branch in sync with the current mainline.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31