freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Problem compiling on OpenBSD

From: Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Problem compiling on OpenBSD
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:00:18 +0200

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 11:15:46AM +0200, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
> I'll play a bit with it and let you.
Well I've used a little script to remove the symlinks and cp the needed
files from /usr/local/share/gettext/po/, but this is ugly.
Anyway, it now picks up gnu iconv etc ok.
It also starts to compile, but there are some problems. Namely that BSD
libc doesn't have a argp.h. This is easily fixed by copying the file
from a linux box.

But I was a little more surprised when I found out about include like
<linux/kd.h> in primitives.cc. Since this is Linux-only stuff, it isn't
present on systems !linux. And thus importable.
Ofcourse I can copy over all those files (which I believe are in the
kernel sources.....) , but that doesn't make sense to me.

Jasper

--
Humppa is a serious thing!