freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] 0.6.1 release candidate 1

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: [freesci-develop] 0.6.1 release candidate 1
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:14:28 +0100

Hi everyone,

0.6.1 is pretty close now. It's mostly intended as a release to gather
feedback on the new sound subsystem, though; we don't expect any game
to be finishable ATM. (In particular, you won't want to finish most
games without savegame support...)

The new release candidate is up at

http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/reichenb/freesci/freesci-0.6.1rc1.tar.gz

It's still missing updates to the README, e.g. the various '-r'
options you need for getting (parts of) SCI01 and SCI1 games working;
also, more testing on SCI0 (are SCI0 PCMs still working?) would be
beneficial.
  I'll put together a list of changes for the full release (although
you're welcome to ask if you'd like to know more about the changes
right now).

  Developers: Consider this as to be feature freeze (as discussed in
IRC earlier). If you'd like to have your changes in CVS but not in the
release, please make your intentions so that we can fork things
appropriately.

-- Christoph