freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] FreeSCI Windows Frontend

From: Jesse James
Subject: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI Windows Frontend
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

After searching on the internet for a frontend to
FreeSCI for a long time I couldn't find so I decided
to make one myself. It is ugly and doesn't have many
options but it does the job nicely. When I have more
time I will do more work on it. To run it simply
download and extract the zip file wherever you want
then run. An INI file will be generated that stores
all the settings.

When you first load the software you will need to
locate FreeSCI. To do this press the picture of the
folder in the section labeled 'FreeSCI Configuration'
and browse to the location of the software. Now press
the button labeled 'Save FreeSCI launch settings'.

To add a new game press 'Add New Game' in the top left
corner. Now enter the game name in the box labeled
name. Press the folder button next to this and browse
to where the game is located, then press ok. Finally
press 'Add Game' to store the game in the list.

To run a game it doesn't have to be in a list. You can
simply browse to the location of the game using the
method above then press 'Launch FreeSCI'. This can be
useful for when testing if a game will run or not.

If you wish you can add any extra switches in the
bottom text box next to the launch button.

If you know of any other switches that I have not
included or have any questions/comments/suggestions
please email me them @ address@hidden

Thanks

JesseJames

The frontend was coded in Visual Basic 6 and so it
only runs in windows. To use it you will need to
download the VB runtime files from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en