ReRe: [Freepooma-devel] out-of- field domain interpolation

From: Roman Krylov
Subject: ReRe: [Freepooma-devel] out-of- field domain interpolation
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:01:19 +0400

Richard Guenther wrote:

It's probably cellContaining that segfaults, it should hit a PInsist if
you compile with --bounds checking enabled.  Maybe the cellContaining
code could be properly guarded agains out-of-bounds queries, but the
question remains what cell to return for such positions :)

So, I think you should avoid positions outside the mesh.

Richard.

I'll try to find a workaround, because I need it.
Now I'm using it not for kind of PIC, but for interpolating external field saved as-ascii from %M Studio to pooma field, then gather values to bunch of charged Particles which is partially out of mesh in the beginning and at the end of calculation phase. Now I merely make the mesh as long as needed to cover a bunch and it works, but it's rather squandering as I think.

Thanks.
Roman.