Re: [pooma-dev] Build trouble with KCC on Linux

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Build trouble with KCC on Linux
Date: 23 Sep 2001 18:58:06 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

| Hi,
|
|   With a fresh tree checked out (a minute ago), I'm having troubles in
| configuring POOMA for build with KCC on Linux (I have no problem with
| GCC on the same plateform).  I think that is from the configury
| machinery.  Does it  sound familiar to someone?

Hi,

  I finally tracked that problem down to a bug present in the
preprocessor of GCC-3.1 (current CVS) -- that bug is not present in
GCC-3.0.x.  Under some circumstances `make depend', which uses gcc to
generate the dependencies, outputs nonsense like:

   /path/to/source/code.o: <builtin>
   /path/to/source/code.o: <command

I don't have a small testcase (yet); but for the time being I'll stick
to GCC-3.0.x as a backend compiler for KCC on linux boxes.

Thanks,

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com