freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Free ipmi 1.6.3 ipmi-sel command exits with a error

From: Stephen Abbene
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Free ipmi 1.6.3 ipmi-sel command exits with a error on some quanta servers
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 00:07:47 +0000

Hello Albert,

1) Using "--legacy-output" works great.  That is an excellent work around.  Do
you have any idea what information it is lacking?
2) Using "--comma-separated-output" does not work.  I end up getting the same,
"ipmi_sdr_parse_sensor_units: invalid sdr record ", error.
$ sudo ./ipmi-sel  --comma-separated-output
Caching SDR repository information:
/root/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/sdr-cache-XXXX.localhost
Caching SDR record 113 of 113 (current record ID 113)
ipmi_sdr_parse_sensor_units: invalid sdr record

We have opened a case with our vendor based on your findings I will let you
know if they follow up.  This is really helpful for us.  We use freeipmi in
many of our critical monitoring applications and really appreciate all the work
you put into it.

Thanks,
Stephen Abbene