freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Debian packaging: few questions

From: Al Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Debian packaging: few questions
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:47:06 -0800

Hey Yaroslav,

> 1. what version/branch would you advise to package into Debian? 0.7 or
> 0.8?  I was going after 0.8 but decided to check with you ;)
> may be it would be better to stay with more stable/better_tested 0.7

Well, I am hoping to release 0.8.X semi-soon (was hoping by the end of
October, but there are still a few pieces of information from a vendor I
want to put in before I release).  So maybe the 0.7.X line for the time
being.  Depending on demand, I do plan to maintain the 0.7.X line for a
little bit past the release of 0.8.X.

> 2. am I wrong or fixes in the attached patch are due? (I was working
> on Release-0_8_0_beta4)

These shouldn't be necessary, b/c libipmimonitoring and libipmiconsole
(the libs, not the tools) link to libfreeipmi.  Did you install and hit
a problem?

Al

--
Albert Chu