freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] gcrypt

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] gcrypt
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:48:46 -0800

AB, Bala,

Argh!  So libgcrypt doesn't implement md2.  According to the docs:

GCRY_MD_MD2
    This is an reserved identifier for MD-2; there is no implementation yet.

After thinking about it for a minute or two on the best way deal with
this, I've decided to keep the current code for IPMI 1.5.  In other
words, we'll stick with the MD2 and MD5 libraries I added into
libfreeipmi from ipmipower.

I'll be removing my SHA1 and HMAC code in favor of gcrypt for all IPMI
2.0 stuff.

Al

--
Albert Chu