freehoo-users

Re: [Freehoo-users] Freehoo 2.0

From: Michael T. Olivier
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-users] Freehoo 2.0
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:38:58 -0500

At 06:05 PM 10/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

  Did you try running ldconfig as root? Hope that helps.

I tried this. No luck.

$ sudo ldconfig
$ freehoo
freehoo: error while loading shared libraries: libyahoo2.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'll go ahead and answer my own question here in case anyone else runs into this.

You need to add a line to your /etc/ld.so.conf that has the path to the location of the shared libraries for freehoo. I added "/usr/local/lib" to that file, re-ran ldconfig (dunno if that was necessary), and voila! Freehoo runs.

-Mike-