freehoo-users

[Freehoo-users] Compilation problem

From: Boopathy Raja R
Subject: [Freehoo-users] Compilation problem
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:12:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Firstly, I tried sending mail to the sourceforge mailing-list and it bounced
back stating that there is a problem wiht my subject line.

Hence mailing here.

Iam not able to compile gnuyahoo.

This is what happens when i try to compile

<start compile>

bash-2.05b$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
/home/youthizen/gnuyahoo-1.0.1/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/home/youthizen/gnuyahoo-1.0.1/missing --help' for more information
configure: warning: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for argp.h... no
bash-2.05b$

</end compile>

OS : FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE

I attempted compiling as a normal user and not as root since i don't have root
access.

Compilation stops with this.

After reading the mailing-list I tried the following.

,----
|# cd gnuyahoo
|# automake --add-missing -c
|# autoreconf
|# ./configure --prefix=/usr
|# make
|# make install
`----

But, I tried that as a normal user again, and it gave me

bash-2.05b$ autoreconf
automake: not found
bash-2.05b$

Please see if any further pointers can be give regarding this.

I hope gnuyahoo can be compiled as a normal user.

Regards

CreativeWolf

Signup an email from www.youthizens.com
Uniting Youths Regardless Of Any Discrimination.

Sign up for FREE email from Youthizens.com at http://www.youthizens.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag