freecycle-users

Re: [Freecycle-users] Corrupt midi output file

From: Marco
Subject: Re: [Freecycle-users] Corrupt midi output file
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:05:03 +0200

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for that. I have a workaround for the moment, but it's not great.

I checked out some midi file format info on:
http://www.skytopia.com/project/articles/midi.html

I made two binary files header.mid and footer.mid:

header.mid: "4d 54 68 64 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 20 00"
footer.mid: "00 ff 2f 00"

than I run "cat header.mid export.mid footer.mid > midifile.mid"

After that I open the new file and add 4 to byte 22 (the 4 bytes from the
footer). Now I can read the midi file.

I'm still struggeling with the tempo, I hope to get that right maybe with
info from your C code.

Regards, Marco