freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] (no subject)

From: Marco
Subject: [Freecycle-users] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:39:34 +0200

Hi All,

I wanted to check out Freecycle, so I installed OpenSuse 10.3 on my
laptop. I wanted to built Feecycle from source, since there was quite some
info about it in the mailing list. But I found a built in the Packman
repository, and installed that one.

Everything works fine, -thanks for a great program!- except the export to
midi functionality.

The midi file is saved, but when I load it in Rosegarden it complains
about a bad midi file. The Muse sequencer gives the following error:
'Failed. Bad midi file: MThd expected'.

I checked the midi file format standard, and indeed a file should start
with 'MThd'. When I open the file in GHex I see that the file starts with
'MTrk'. Before I start trying to modify the midi file with the HEX editor
(and learn about the MIDI syntax along the way), is there anyone who had
this problem before, and found a solution?

Alternatively, If I built from source, which package is particulary
important for the export of midi files?

Thanks, Marco