free-announce

[Free-announce] hygiene dispense

From: Horace Hodge
Subject: [Free-announce] hygiene dispense
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:40:54 +0200

I asked, turning to Dar Tarus as I released the bonds thatheld Gor Hajus. Well, the stress existed and I must risk that evenas I risked my life. He tuned and pointed down toward the highest portion of the irregularroof of the building below us.
Right you are, Bal Zak, agreed the other, and it were a waste oftime to search your ship.
In the corridor, perhaps, lurked those watchful eyes.
Hisrestlessness he explained to me himself.
It is Bal Zak himself, my old friend Bal Zak! Silently we passed upward along therunway and out upon the roof. SUSPICIONSIn so far as I could know I reached my apartment without detection.
Built upon it was a large, shed-likestructure. There, he said, I keep three small ships. Right you are, Bal Zak, agreed the other, and it were a waste oftime to search your ship.
I must go on as thoughnone were spying upon me.
You will trust, for no other reason than that you will be forcedto trust me.
Vobis Kans ship was close by when it hailed and asked our name.
I had little confidence that he wouldgrant my request, yet he did so.
Once I had asked Ras Thavas about them, but hehad been in ill humor and had ignored my question. As I left him I noticed a crafty smile of satisfaction upon his lips. Heeyed me closely for a long minute before he spoke. Once I had asked Ras Thavas about them, but hehad been in ill humor and had ignored my question. It is I, Vad Varo,going out into a strange world to see what it is like.
There, he said, I keep three small ships. We heard the voices again, but nearernow.
I had little confidence that he wouldgrant my request, yet he did so.
I often do, I replied, lightly; but my heart was heavy as a stone. Ras Thavas sawthat the creatures had attracted my notice.
Within was a circular runway which led not onlyupward, but down as well.
It is Bal Zak himself, my old friend Bal Zak!
I felt as a mouse with which the cat is playing.
To my relief, I found there were no cases. Nothing thatpasses is without your knowledge. It is my intention to regain the body, restore it toits own brain and return the girl to Duhor. Valla Dia was so happy to see me again that it almostbrought the tears to my eyes.
I felt as a mouse with which the cat is playing. Not good-bye, Valla Dia, but only a sweet sleep for what to you willbe the briefest instant. That was a phrase I had picked up from reading in Ras Thavas libraryand I was quite proud of it.