fmsystem-developers

Re: [Fmsystem-developers] (my) First post!

From: Thomas Lundquist
Subject: Re: [Fmsystem-developers] (my) First post!
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:24:05 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 06:04:58PM +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:

> Hi
>
> It seems like you refer to the 'bookingfrontend'

And booking, yes.

[snip]
> How do you think?

Thanks you very much for a comprehensive and informative way of telling me
I was wrong. I am happy I asked here before jumping to the code
ending up with a mess.

The little hint to the file, line 154 was good, now I know what to look
for and I'm working on doing it as properly as possible.

BTW, looking at tmpl_search_path which seems to control this and it actually
 looks like base is not a fallback but the first used and the tmpl_search_path
 goes in reverse. Which means base is not the fallback but the first it
 attempts to find files in.

Actually, it does not look like it's meant to have specific templates
under <application>templates:

activitycalendar/inc/class.uicommon.inc.php
66:                     $this->tmpl_search_path = array();
67:                     array_push($this->tmpl_search_path, PHPGW_SERVER_ROOT .
'/phpgwapi/templates/base');
68:                     array_push($this->tmpl_search_path, PHPGW_SERVER_ROOT .
'/phpgwapi/templates/' . $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['template_set']);
69:                     array_push($this->tmpl_search_path, PHPGW_SERVER_ROOT .
'/' . $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['flags']['currentapp'] . '/templates/base');

So, is it the bookingfrontend that's wrong here or should I just add the
extra element to the tmpl_search_path where it's appopriate? I have
tested and it works but if it's a no-no I'll find some other method.

> (Btw  - you are approved as developer at the project)

Thanks alot, I just commited a bugfix to trunk and I hope that's ok.

For real development it seems I should use my own dev branch and play there.

Or should i *always* work on branches and let you pick patches for trunk?

(BTW, any irc channel or something for this project? seems like you are working
 quite a bit on this and if I am aswell I'd be very delighted if I could pester
 you in more or less real time.)

Thomas.