Re: [fluid-dev] New Reverb and Chorus API versus actual API

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New Reverb and Chorus API versus actual API
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:57:53 +0200

Am Di., 20. Okt. 2020 um 17:49 Uhr schrieb Tom M. via fluid-dev
<fluid-dev@nongnu.org>:
> Pls. what has changed your mind to "introduce the proposed new [shell]
> commands"?
>
> With your suggestion, we would have three different ways of setting
> reverb+chorus. When changing the existing command and un-deprecate
> them, we'll only have two. While still retaining backward
> compatibility.

Argh... thanks for that! Yes, I posted too quickly and didn't think
about this enough. I guess mostly because I feel I'm currently not
very responsive (time constraints) and don't want to hold up stuff
unnecessarily.

So yes, I still really like the idea of making the existing commands
smart, so that they can detect if they have been called with a group
index or not. Un-deprecating them is a good idea.

Cheers
Marcus