Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid Synth CC1 Tremolo

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid Synth CC1 Tremolo
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 19:28:25 +0200

> Thus there is no way that midi channels  are equivalent to FSchannels.

I said **semantically** equivalent.

>From my understanding, it was actually your design decision to give it that
decidated "midi channel" and "FSchannel" meaning. I understand why you do that
(i.e. playing the same notes at the same time using 32 different instruments).
I do not understand, why you need 4 different synth's for that. I don't know,
whether you were looking for tremolo or vibrato. However, I'm glad that it
works now.

I think you could have used fluid_synth_start() for all of that, allowing you
to use a total of 4 channels rather than 128. But that's beyond the scope for
now.

And if our documentation is what you consider to be "wrong" while on the other
hand works fine and eases understanding for the rest of our users, I'm fine
with that as well :)

Tom

@JJC: You forgot to send him a copy ;)