Re: [fluid-dev] improving musical timekeeping

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] improving musical timekeeping
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 09:26:03 +0100

> Let's keep the two use cases separate.

No, sry. We cannot keep them separate. Soundfont2 is a real-time synth
model based on MIDI, a real-time protocol. That's what fluidsynth has
been designed for. That's what it works for.

> Are we going to be frozen into SoundFont 2.04 forever?

"FluidSynth is a real-time software synthesizer based on the Soundfont
2 specification"

This sets our scope. If you need a more advanced synth model, have a
look at SFZ.

Thanks for your clarification. But given your very unique and personal
use-case, I do not see how it can be implemented in a synthesizer like
fluidsynth.

(Pls. note that you had two other replies, which you didn't quote, so
you might have missed them.)

Tom