Re: [fluid-dev] Questions about fluidsynth API

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Questions about fluidsynth API
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 15:14:07 +0100 (CET)

Hello Benoit,

With the descriptions you have given it is impossible to localize your issue.

Did you successfully ran the fluidsynth console application playing a MIDI file ?

Did you successfully ran the fluidsynth console application using default MIDI driver with your MIDI keyboard on MIDI input ?

Or did you write a specific program calling fluidsynth library API ?

To be able to help you please give a clear description of which API you use.

Also, if this program use fluid_synth_note(), fluid_synth_noteoff()..., you should print a message

that displays chan,key and velocity value on the console just before calling these API. Also print the returned status (FLUID_FAILED, FLUID_OK).

Regards.

jjc

> Message du 07/02/20 09:31
> De : "Benoit Tachet via fluid-dev" <address@hidden>
> A : "George Poulson" <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Copie à : "Benoit Tachet" <address@hidden>
> Objet : Re: [fluid-dev] Questions about fluidsynth API

Hello again,

After a quick check, I am now sure that the problem comes from the synths (I have tried with Timidity and FluidSynth), because I have the same problem on a Windows 64-bits computer.

Benoit