Re: [fluid-dev] Support for SF4 (FLAC) format?

From: Reinhold Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Support for SF4 (FLAC) format?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:36:52 +0100

Hi Marcus,

> Very interesting, thanks for explaining your use-case. How did you
> test the converted SF4 files? Did you patch fluidsynth to allow FLAC
> decompression? Or did you use a different synth?

I used the sf2convert tool and converted the SF2 soundfont to SF3 and SF4
and compared the file sizes to the original SF2 file.
Only for the SF3 file I was able to check the sound quality with our
software which uses the libfluidsynth library. The sound quality of the SF4
file I did not check. Sorry, in case my comment was misleading.

Best regards,

Reinhold