Re: [fluid-dev] Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:39:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

>That doesn't work for me. I have to make the small change in the
>sndfile.pc AND rename libsndfile-1.lib to sndfile-1.lib . But once
>this is done it compiles successfully with both, mingw and
>VisualStudio.

good news.

>Note that there is no other *.lib in C:\freesw\lib which
>has a "lib" prefix in its filename, so sndfile-1.lib seems more
>correct to me.

Yes, it leads less confusing as far that we can also rename libsndfile-1.dll to sndfile-1.dll without any issues (i.e "missing dll warning") when lauching fluidsynth.exe.

>I tried to do so yet it still got the same problem.

Now, I am loss and dont' know if your problem is a "build" problem or a "fluidsynth execution" problem ?.

Note that if you are only interested by fluidsynth binaries, it should still possible to grab binaries artifacts from GitHub.

jjc.