Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:26:01 +0100

> So in other words, in order to know how many elements of IGEN I need to
> inspect for the IBAG[0] zone, I need to look in IBAG[1]. Well, the
> generator index value in IBAG[1] is 0. So... What does that mean? The
> spec says, for modulators, that a difference of zero indicates that
> there are no modulators for the zone. Clearly there are generators for
> the zone. How do I know how many to consume?

I think your confusement may arrise from the question whehter ibag[1] is the
terminal zone or not. This is not quite clear to me.

Supposing it is not the terminal, we have the same situation as before:

ibag[0] has zero generators and zero modulators assigned to it.
ibag[1] takes all the residual generators starting at igen[0] and all residual
modulators starting at imod[0] (in case any modulators exist at all).

Supposing ibag[1] is the terminal zone:

ibag[1] shouldn't be accessed, i.e. you should ignore it. ibag[0] will take
all available generators and modulators starting at index 0 respectively.

Tom