[fluid-dev] Publish MIDI event constants

From: Tom M.
Subject: [fluid-dev] Publish MIDI event constants
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 10:41:34 +0100

We have an open pull request that suggests to make various MIDI event constants
public:

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/pull/468

In particular, enums 'fluid_midi_event_type', 'fluid_midi_control_change' and
'midi_meta_event' are requested to be public. The user argues that all those
constants may be used in the midi player callback (
fluid_player_set_playback_callback() ).

I understand the need. However this step hasn't been done for >16 years.
Perhaps to avoid that fluidsynth becomes a MIDI (parsing) library. So, before
making any hasty decision, I would like to ask for opinions on this.

Tom