Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 21:40:13 +1100

Thanks Tom.

The soundfont I used was set up for keyboard and I added the CC2 modulators. What the effect felt like (with the filter cutoff modulator in place) was: note 1 starts with low velocity, and gives low volume and little or no increase in volume with increased breath pressure. Note 2 comes in (legato mode) with CC2 already high and therefore velocity is high, so the volume of note 2 is much higher than note 1. What I don't understand is why that cutoff modulator was holding back note 1's volume. As soon as I removed it all was fixed.

I read the spec 8.4.2, but I don't understand what the purpose of the modulator as specified is.

I'd forgotten all about the setbreathmode. I might try that with the original un-CC2'd soundfont.

Ben