Re: [fluid-dev] Assigning Program Numbers to MIDI Channels

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Assigning Program Numbers to MIDI Channels
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 00:01:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

The way to assign MIDI program numbers is the same as for any MIDI synthesizer. For example , assuming you are working with the Fluidsynth console application (with a MIDI driver).

You can send any MIDI program change messages to the MIDI input used by Fluidsynth (using a MIDI keyboard controler with this ability).

You can also use the command shell of the console application.For example, assuming a GM soundfont, the following commands set MIDI channel 0 to play a Piano (program 0) and channel 1 to play an oboe (program 68):

>prog  0  0

>prog  1  68

jjc

> Message du 13/09/18 22:06
> De : "Dakota" <address@hidden>
> A : address@hidden
> Copie à :
> Objet : [fluid-dev] Assigning Program Numbers to MIDI Channels

Hello!

Is there a way that I can assign specific MIDI program numbers within FluidSynth? I assembled a Raspberry Pi Piano Stairs for my school and my teacher wants to know if there is a way to do so.

Sincerely,

Dakota Fleck