Re: [fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events

From: Christopher Leger
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 14:03:43 -0400

Hey, just wanted to say that I found a solution to midi events being dropped from my midi keyboard. It randomly causes notes to stay on and sometimes notes don't play.

I tested my friend's nice $1,000 midi keyboard with my setup and the problem went away, no midi events were dropped. Everything worked flawlessly. It must be an issue with the keyboard. I tried all the drivers with this keyboard but I always have the sam issue.

I bought one of these:

midiplus AK490 MIDI Keyboard Controller

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VHKM72Q/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1#

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 8:12 AM Tom M. <address@hidden> wrote:
> How would I be sure my program has realtime prio?

fluidsynth takes care of this, unless you see warnings like:

fluidsynth: warning: Failed to set thread to high priority

But it really sounds more like a problem of arriving midi events to me.

Tom