Re: [fluid-dev] Official android support.

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Official android support.
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 15:05:11 +0200

Thanks for the input Phil.

The Oboe API does indeed look like a good way to go. I dont even mind
that it only provides a C++ interface. The audio driver for fluidsynth
could be written in C++ as well and C++ would become an optional
requirement when (cross-)compiling for Android. I welcome any efforts
to do so.

Regarding SherlockMidi I would be extremely cautious: Although it
claims to be licensed under Apache2, it contains many source files
under terms of GPL2. Even worse: A couple of files licensed as ORACLE
PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL.

Tom