[fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events

From: Christopher Leger
Subject: [fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 11:42:40 -0400

Hi All,

I am trying to setup midi based special effects that will be synchronized with midi events generated from using the midi player or midi events generated from using a midi keyboard. I've done a lot of reading and I don't believe the API has anything that will allow me to do this.

I am trying to find the best place to add in a conditional statement that could check for a particular channel, and key, turning on the special effect on the note on event and then turning it off on the note off event. I want this to work for both midi files and a midi keyboard (not at the same time). I have been reading all of the code & documentation but I'm not sure where the best place to insert something like this would be.

Do any of you Fluidsynth gurus have any advice for me?

Thanks,
-Chris