Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 16:51:29 +0200

> Is that "if you specify 0 in a soundfont, fluidsynth will translate
> that to a 16ms release" or is that "fluidsynth is not capable of
> producing less than a 16ms release"?

Need to correct my previous statement: The minimum release time is defined as 1
ms by the SF2 spec (sect. 8.1.3). However fluidsynth translates that to 16 ms
to minimize clicks ( commit 1928baf1944a40d98bc919e839bc5e72938c6215 ).

The native unit of this generator is in absolute timecents. So if you specify 0
in a soundfont that would give you 1 sec of release time. You probably meant to
specify 0 ms in a soundfont editor, which would be translated to -12000
timecents when saving and being clipped to -7200 timecents (i.e. 16 ms) by
fluidsynth.

Tom