Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:48:38 +0100

> what do you think about the idea of a "fluidsynth core" type of build config?
> ie. It just builds the bits required to synthesize the sample data, and no
> audio drivers.

If cmake doesnt find ALSA, OSS, JACK, etc. it wont build any audio drivers.
There are even cmake options like -Denable-jack=0 that you can use to force
cmake not to build those audio drivers. I dont see why you need a special build
config for that.

> I feel like it removes all threading concerns- or is the synthesizer itself
> multithreaded?

The synth is multithreaded. There is a macro ENABLE_MIXER_THREADS that you
could turn off, that would spare you the implementation of condition variables.
But the rest of fluidsynth still needs a thread and mutex implementation.

> I'd love to see the glib dependency disappear (it's pretty annoying to build
> on non-linux systems!

glib is our OSAL, making it a hard dependency. It wont disappear. You dont even
need to build glib yourself, you just download a precompiled binary, see our
wiki.

Tom