Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support

From: Nick Heyworth
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 20:49:36 +0100

I read http://fluidsynth.sourceforge.net/api/ and basically understand how to set the synthesizer up, but unfortunately I don’t have a clue what to send to fluid_synth_write_s16 if I don’t have a driver. What I actually want to do is load a specific sound font and play some notes. All I know about this audio stuff is how to send MIDI commands, so I guess I’m just missing too much information. Thanks for your time, though.

Best regards,

Nick

Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:09 PM

https://github.com/VolcanoMobile/fluidsynth-android

this is my fork of Fluidsynth

basically, I removed the glib dep and all the drivers, so it's up to you to call fluid_synth_write_s16 to fill a buffer.
it can be a OpenSL buffer, AAudio, or even an AudioTrack

you can build it by calling ndk-build from the android directory. it will build the libfluidsynth.so that you can use in your project

hope it helps