Re: [fluid-dev] Expose LADSPA functions via FluidSynth API

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Expose LADSPA functions via FluidSynth API
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:03:31 +0100

> I would like to expose some (or most) of the public functions in src/bindings/fluid_ladspa.h as a public API.

Ok. And what would be its main purpose? Enable the user to manipulate synth->ladspa_fx or create custom ladspa_fx units to manually render audio by calling fluid_ladspa_run() ?

Good question! So the question really is if the API should expose the ladspa_fx object at all, or if all LADSPA API functions take a synth object instead. My personal aim is to be able to manipulate the synth->ladspa_fx, so the latter option would be best. But it could be useful to be able to create additional ladspa_fx instances... I'm undecided. What do you think?

> I guess we need to mock those functions if LADSPA isn't available to keep the ABI stable?

Correct, by returning NULL or FLUID_FAILED. However #ifdef LADSPA should be placed inside fluid_ladspa.c, I want to keep that as opaque as possible.

Hm... wouldn't fluid_ladspa.h be a better place for the stub declarations?

Cheers,

   Marcus