Re: [fluid-dev] Why dedicated configuration for MSVC & co.?

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Why dedicated configuration for MSVC & co.?
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:48:22 +0100

config_win32.cmake was duplicated from the corresponding config_win32.h.in which was used by autotools. Nowadays config_win32.cmake could probably be merged into config.cmake and the #pragma warnings could be just placed into fluidsynth_priv.h

Feel free to create a pull request.

Hello,

In some place of the source code there is:

#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(MINGW32)
#include "config_win32.h"
#endif

It is not clear to me the reason why there should be a dedicated piece of code for "foreign" compilers like MSVC and others. Into VisualStudio 6, I generated config.h with cmake as usual and, into my workspace, I added HAVE_CONFIG_H to th project that compiles libfluidsynth.dll.
That's all I had to do.

Sincerely.