[fluid-dev] Move upstream to github

From: Tom M.
Subject: [fluid-dev] Move upstream to github
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 19:48:50 +0200

Sadly, fluidsynth's upstream is basically dead. There are so many custom fluidsynth forks floating around (esp. on github) that it's really hard to find and choose an update-to-date one. Personally I'm currently very demotivated to look through any recent patches, because I know they wont make it into upstream anyway. Not even talking about doing any further development.

Hence I insistently ask the fluidsynth owners: Please, do the step and move to github. github has been a very popular and modern platform for a couple of years now, while sourceforge is pretty much the opposite IMO. There are tutorials and scripts online to migrate code and tickets easily (https://github.com/ttencate/sf2github). Create a github organization and invite a few people who have been actively developing patch recently, to allow them to merge patches. That way we would at least revive upstream development.

Any comments?