Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth on Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Pi card

From: Element Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth on Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Pi card
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:34:41 -0600

Just wanted to follow up with some info on FPU support for that system.  It sounds like the Raspberry Pi does have hardware FPU support.  However, it may be that FluidSynth has not been compiled with it.  From the 2nd stackexchange answer (http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/545/does-the-raspberry-pi-have-hardware-floating-point-support) I found the following CFLAGS mentioned for this:
-mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard

So you may want to make sure that FluidSynth is actually built with hardware floating point support.

Best regards,

Element