Re: [fluid-dev] New ticket for Sostenuto patch

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New ticket for Sostenuto patch
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:56:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015, CERESA Jean-Jacques ENAC/ENAC wrote:

This is like Sostenuto behaves on piano.

It's the sudden on/off that's not very piano-like, hence the need to sometimes delay sostenuto events. It's the only way to tweak the action of an on/off pedal.

A continuous pedal can be dealt with more gracefully, even if the instrument doesn't explicitly support it, since the switch-point at 63-64 is well defined.

Like I said, I'm good so long as I can count on other electronic instruments behaving the same way (Disklaviers and other electromechanical instruments are another story).